Sunday, January 22, 2006

A REMINDER!

Yesterday our church had a small music conference. They brought in Paul Black from Northridge Church around the Detroit area. He asked us all "How many of you feel you are Volunteers?" ok...."How many of you feel you have a calling from God?" I've never looked at anything I've done as just a volunteer position! I've always known that God has called me to serve. I have a passion for it and a burden to do it.
Sometimes I let people get in the way of that! I lose site of it and I'm confused by it! Yes... Confused! Because I forget whom I'm serving! I wished I didn't but every now and then I lose my focus. It's so easy to blend serving God and Church together. But it's not the same! I can't be all things to all people but...I try! I try so hard it becomes blurry in my mind how to make it all work. How to give a piece of me to everyone one and come out on top. My mind knows this won't work but my heart keeps trying. I hate letting people down.
Then there's the "I don't measure up thing". I work hard to not buy into it. Most of the time It works for me but there are days I let people get the best of me. It's really what my ministry is about! Getting people to understand their value in what God called them to do. So...why do I struggle with something I know I shouldn't?

Because if I struggle with it I become ineffective! Satan has ahold of the one area I can shine for Jesus. If I can't focus on what God called me to do then...I can't be of much use to God. Satan knows where to attack everyone where they are the weakest. He knows my weakest place! I hate that! But...the good news is...I don't stay weak for long. I can recognize him quicker now. I'm going to let people down! People are going to let me down! I need to place myself in the hands of God and forget about all the other garbage that gets in the way. The only one I need to please is God! The maker of me! The one who called me and promised me years ago to not leave me by myself in this ministry thing! I can't go wrong putting my trust in HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment