Sunday, February 12, 2006

GOD LOVES THE CHEERFUL GIVER!!!!!!

"YOU MUST EACH MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND AS TO HOW MUCH YOU SHOULD GIVE. DON'T GIVE RELUCTANTLY OR IN RESPONSE TO PRESSURE. FOR GOD LOVES THE PERSON WHO GIVES CHEERFULLY"
2 Corinthians 9:7

Today at church it was like God planted me there! I almost wanted to look around and see if anyone else was looking at me because God was clearing speaking to me, Leah. I need to take moments like these any stop and remember that God does speak to me, you, us. We just need to listen.

I have been struggling with what I do. How do I balance what I do outside of the church with what I do in my own church? Actually...my only struggle with it is... people just don't get I'm trying to do what I can but I can't do it all. I feel like people are trying to punish me for what God called me to do leaving me feel like a failure as I try to balance it to the best of my ability. Which in turn comes to the point of "I'm serving man and not God!"

This scripture today is one I have read all my life. It's always there ever year almost at the same time to get people to give their tithes. But today...I saw something different. This scripture is not about money, it's about our lives in Christ! Giving isn't about the dollar but about everything we have. Giving is about everything we are as "Christ Followers." No where does it really say giving of money. It could be money but it's also our time, our services, our talents, etc.

God loves a cheerful giver but...here is the thing. I get to make up my own mind as to how much I give! I've never read that before! I shouldn't give reluctantly or in response to pressure! REALLY? Has that been missing all these years? Misinterpreted over the years or just not important enough for me to want to understand it? I don't no but..in my quest to balance I have been asking God to hit me over the head and tell me how I live with my decision to follow him and the recourse I get because of it. Today it came! I simply can't be a cheerful giver in area's I wasn't called to be a giver to! I know my calling and my heart's direction! God and I worked that out a long time ago. Some things I just can't do because I can't fit them in. I hate that but that doesn't mean I'm not giving to my "Giving capacity". It just means I can't do what others think I should be doing. I love serving and I'm a cheerful servant most of the time. But there is a season and a cycle to everything. I have to let stuff go and let God take care of the outcome of what others think I should be doing. Putting the head and the heart together is hard but it doesn't get any cheerier putting God first, understanding his calling and following it.

Boy! I'm glad I have that off my chest! :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:27 PM GMT-5

    Awesome word, thankyou!

    I am also called to be a giver and what you said about giving where you are called in order to have a cheerful heart really hit home.

    God Bless You!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete