Saturday, January 14, 2006

WHAT I'M NOT

“In the past, I struggled with the ‘What I'm Not’ concept, yet God was calling me. I was sure that if He was calling me, He must be expecting the best. I told Him: ‘I am just me.’, avoiding my calling as I worked at being the best. Then God asked me this question: ‘What is "the best" in your eyes’? I didn't have an answer. I just knew I didn't want to let Him down.” Once Leah reconciled the fact that God was looking at her heart and her attitude rather than her music industry status or her pursuit of perfection, her ministry took off. As she put it: “It's not about how much talent you possess but what you do with what you have been given. I figured out a little biblical secret and I want to pass it on.” Quoting portions of the lyrics from “What I’m Not’: “‘What I'm Not’ is really ‘Who He Is’ and ‘What I Want to Be’, because.... ‘Where I'm at’ is ‘Where He Is’ and ‘He Loves Me for Me’ and ‘For What I'm Not’. That is way cool! Give it a moment to sink in. You'll get it!”

1 comment:

  1. Amen Leah! I get it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving an encouraging comment, its truly appreciated!

    Be encouraged!
    God Bless You And Yours.

    ReplyDelete